National Psychological Association (NPA) is umbrella union that unites various in directions of activity psychological associations of Ukraine. Today the NPA involves a collective and an individual membership. You must first enter into one of the Association-members of the union or join one of divisions to get a seat in the NPA Psychologists Registry.
NPA was founded in June 2017 and currently consist of 14 Association-members: 12 full members and 2 associative members.
Since July 16, 2017 NPA is the National Representative in the European Federation of Psychological Associations (EFPA). The NPA is guided by the principles of democracy and equality of all members of the union. The change of leadership of the association is held every two years by open voting with the participation of board members.
Our priority areas for 2020 are
- the establishment of a modern Code of Ethics and Ethics Committee;
- implementation of EuroPsy certification in Ukraine;
- international cooperation and exchange of experience;
- development of legislative initiatives as a means for regulation of the activities of psychologists and the provision of psychological services;
- educational work on the various aspects of climate change which affect public health.